No products in the cart.
We use a variety of technologies to help us better understand how you use 99dances.com (we’ll refer to 99dances.com as the “Site“) and our other services (we’ll refer to our other services collectively as the “Services“). We’ll refer to the Site and the Services collectively as “99dances” throughout this policy.
By using 99dances, you consent to us using cookies and similar tracking technologies in the ways described on this page.
Types of tracking technologies
There are a few common types of tracking technologies used on 99dances:
- Cookies: This is a small data file sent from a server to your web browser or mobile device that is stored in your browser cache or mobile device. Advertising which corresponds better to the interests indicated by the information stored by that cookie can then be displayed to. You can configure your browser’s settings to reflect your preference to accept or reject cookies (see Managing Cookies below).
- Clear gifs, web beacons, web bugs: These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to your personally identifiable information.
Tracking technologies have two different lifespans:
- Persistent: means it remembers certain information about your preferences for viewing the site, and allows 99dances to recognize you each time you return. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser cache or mobile device until you choose to delete them.
- Session: specific to a particular visit to the site, to carry information as you view different pages on 99dances so you don’t have to re-enter information. Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically when you leave the Site or close your web browser.
99dances uses tracking technologies for a few general purposes:
- Strictly necessary : Vital to ensuring that 99dances works properly for visitors and members (such as maintaining the security and integrity of the Site).
- Performance : Help us understand how the Site is functioning so that we can improve our services.
- Functionality : Retain your personal preferences as you use the Site to enhance your experience.
- Marketing and Advertising : Gather data to help deliver advertising content relevant to your interests.
- the referral search term, or, the term that you entered into a search engine which then displayed our site as a search result.
- the onsite search term, or, a term you entered in the search box on our site
- the type of internet browser you are using
- the operating system of your PC or device
- the time and date you landed on or searched our site
- time spent on our webpage
- the address of the site which referred you to our site (e.g., google.com)
99dances sometimes partners with third-party services who may use various tracking technologies to provide certain services or features, including targeted online marketing techniques such as attribution tracking, remarketing, and cross-device tracking.
Attribution tracking means estimating what advertising or marketing source a user followed to come to 99dances, or to determine what marketing source should get credit for actions like a visit or a purchase.
Remarketing means showing relevant ads to an audience based on prior shopping patterns on 99dances, whether or not the audience made a purchase.
Cross-device tracking means recognizing an audience across multiple devices or browsers.
Some of these third-party services may provide us with information about you (such as demographic information, cross-device information, or interest categories) from a combination of sources that permit us to provide you with more relevant and useful advertising.
The Site may include widgets from third-party websites and social networks, and third parties may choose to include 99dances widgets on their websites. 99dances, as well as the third party, may receive analytics from those widgets that may be used to enhance our data, to improve the Services, or for marketing purposes. You can manage your privacy preferences for these widgets via your account with the third party.
Opting-Out and Managing Cookies
When you use 99dances via a browser, you can change your web browser’s settings to reflect your cookie preferences. Each browser is a little different, but usually these settings are under the “options” or “preferences” menu. The links below provide information about cookie settings for the browsers supported by 99dances:
You can learn more about managing your preferences for ads online, particularly for many third-party advertising networks, through resources made available by the Digital Advertising Alliance at https://www.aboutads.info/ or via the Network Advertising Initiative at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].
Last updated: July 12, 2019